Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The perfect basketball shoe: In-season

The perfect basketball shoe. That title opens a world of possibilities, so I started with a competition shoe. Day in, day out, the sneaks worn by committed basketball players for practices and games. At the time of this post, I'm rocking low cut 2011 Nike Hyperdunks as my go-to's. I'd really like something similar as my dream shoe.

Something like a cross between a low cut Nike Hyperdunk and a Nike Kobe VII, but with the great feel of the Adidas Crazy 8's. It would have to be Nike, because there is just something special about that swoosh. I like the positioning of the swoosh on the Kobes rather than the new 'Dunks, so I'd keep that. But I like the heel of the new Hyperdunks, so maybe the inside swoosh can wrap partly around the back. No flywire, it takes away from the simplicity and stealth of true Nikes. Suddenly, a huge question hits me. Leather, mesh, or the plastic hybrid? Geez. So many choices. Probably a mix of leather and mesh. But not the plastic mesh. The classic mesh like on the Hyperfuses.

It would have to be a low cut, but have a sleeve on the inside that reaches up the ankle a little, like on the Kobe Supremes or the old Zoom Soldiers. Almost like a built-in ankle brace. I like the idea of sticking to a very simple, smooth design on the shoe. No backwards swoosh like on the new LeBrons or bizarre color schemes and straps.

That's a good start as to what I would put in my dream shoe. Because there are so many intangibles, I will definitely revisit this idea in the future. What are your opinons? Mainly, high top or low cut? Nike or Adidas? Locker room or street? Feel free to hit me up in the comments!

Picture Credit: http://www.kobebryantviishoes.com/images/Nike%20Zoom%20Hyperdunk%202011%20Low%20366.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment